Potatohead politics and other Sunday items
Links probably not really safe for work

Via Gerard, the Potatohead caucus is causing quite a stir in political circles:
The Washignton Post took notice, As the Iowa Caucuses Near, This Guy Is A Hot Potato, and so did others: Mr. Potato Head Photos 'Capture Personalities' Of Presidential Candidates, complete with slideshow.
Don Surber's also blogging about it, too.
But the Potatoheads are becoming more prominent in other areas:Some have quietly left their mark in the art world: A Very Brief History of Art, Featuring Mr. Potato Head
Others have ventured where no Potatohead had gone before, Mr Potato Head makes octopus pal, which Blue Crab Boulevard marks as a tragedy.
Like any large clan, the Potatoheads have their black sheep, too: One got busted in Australia
SYDNEY, Australia - Customs officers discovered nearly 10.5 ounces of ecstasy tablets hidden inside a Mr. Potato Head toy sent to Australia from Ireland, the agency said Thursday.Blue Crab Boulevard remembers the days (before my time) when you had to use a real potato for Mr. Potatohead.
Upon opening the parcel, the officers were greeted with the smiling face of the popular children's toy, which features a potato-like head and removable facial features. But when they removed a panel from the back of the toy, the officers found 10.34 ounces of ecstasy in a plastic bag.
The Princeton Potatoheads, Paco and baby Pete, live quieter lives,

Recently they had their distant cousin Paul come visit from Japan, where he's a famous Sumo wrestler:

UPDATE
Potato Heads on stage!
Potato Head scandals!
Compromising Potato Head photo!
Say what you may of the octopus-spud love affair, at least he's not a green penis that sings and dances.
HillBilly photoshop fun
This week's WSJ's Five Best, selected by Thomas W. Evans, on the role of the commander in chief:
I recently received an email asking why I feature the WSJ's 5 Best instead of NYT bestsellers. The reason is that the WSJ selections consistently have very good books that I find interesting, unlike a lot of the NYT bestsellers.
This week's shoes:
A low boot with a low heel that looks good with jeans, dress slacks and knee-length skirts.
It's Sunday, so it's time to visit Pat who has the Carnival of the Insanities
Share on Facebook
Labels: Barak Obama, books, Hillary Clinton, humor, politics, shoes










9 Comments:
You don't give a damn about the candidates.
You just needed a reason to talk about shoes.
You bet your boots, Siggy!
The Potatohead Party is one I can get behind, but will a candidate have the guts to pick a runningmate who's likely to get mashed on Thanksgiving Day?
And I remember when we had to use real potatoes, too. In fact. Mom got rather irked with me when I used all the salad fixings to make a "Potatohead Picnic" on the dining table. :)
I feel so underprivileged. I never played with a real-potato Mr. Potatohead.
Yes, but Sigmund, Fausta's shoes (current and future) will ALWAYS have more "sole" than any..ANY of the politicians mentioned in this post.
And certainly the Potatoheads have far more "appeal".
There, I said it.
Laurie Kendrick
Laurie, you did a post a while back where you remembered a lot of toys when we were kids. I don't remember a Mr. Potato Head needing a real potato. Would it be that they never marketed in Puerto Rico, or was Mr. Potato Head plastic for our generation?
Fausta,
Back in my day, the Potatohead came with a plastic potatoe, but you always had the options of inserting the plastic nose, ears, eyes, etc into a real potato however...industrial plastic that stuff wasn't. The density of a raw potato was too much for the inserts, so I always went for the relative ease of the plastic potato that came in the kit.
There was a Katy Carrot and a bell pepper I think. Maybe there were more veggies in the cabal, I just don't remember what they were.
Te dicho.
LK
Thanks, Laurie!
I always used the plastic potato, too. The current Mr. Potato Head's plastic wouldn't last a minute in a real potato. If it's the same kind of plastic they used when we were kids, it woudln't do to use a real potato.
I have to admit, the plastic bell pepper was an old favorite of mine.
Then there was the day I had the Potatohead vs. Cootie bug showdown...
Post a Comment
<< Home