The Minneapolis bridge, and today's items
with video

The bridge connecting downtown Minneapolis and the University of Minnesota collapsed at 6:05 PM last evening. Of course the first blogger I thought of was my friend Captain Ed, since I know that his entire family live in the city. Fortunately his family is OK,
I have spent the last half-hour finding my son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. They're OK, and now we have to wait to see who isn't.Today he's following up: Death Toll To 9 As We Wait For Sunrise
Doug Ross has photos.
Update
A friend just sent me this:
Via Larwyn, Barack Obomber
The Smoking Gun on the Muslim Brotherhood's Agenda
From Maria,
Finally, someone agrees with me regarding plastic surgery: Fifty? No, it's not the new thirty
Instead of succumbing to ageorexia, the disease that's crippling middle-aged women (and younger ones, too) up and down the land who wish to do battle with sagging, wrinkles and bulges, I've decided to preserve what I can without resorting to cosmetic surgery, and live with what I can't. My eventual decision not to succumb to Botox, lunchtime lasers or the knife was reached after a recent trip to New York.
I happened to be staying on the Upper East Side, where the matrons of Madison Avenue hang out and walk their Pekinese. These uniformly wealthy women, with access to the shiniest cosmetic scalpels in the business, looked eerily identical, like the aged aunts of the Stepford Wives.
Not good, not youthful, but most definitely weird. Some of my friends back home are heading the same way. I decided I'd rather look saggy than paralysed.
More blogging later. I have a follow-up post to yesterday's My neighbor and Fred.
Labels: Barak Obama, Islam, Minneapolis, travel, women










5 Comments:
The new 50 seems ok to be the OLD fifty... Since I'm pushing 61, that is really good news. Now I can spend that $25.00 on a good meal instead of saving for a botox.
I sent this to a friend who I used to work with. We had a "boss" who is so afraid of getting old she has spent a fortune on botox, face lifts and threads, creams, juices, gastric banding and now she is into the "Magic of Healing Crystals." While I'm laughing my fanny off, she is out turning into a wooden, statue like individual. It is really funny, but oh, so very sad too.
GM,
So far I'm only into moisturizers, and I share your opinion of Botox. I can't imagine putting myself through the trauma of surgery just so I can look like I'm perpetually startled. And what, pray tell, is a face thread? Or am I better off not knowing?
From the "Magic of Healing Crystals", Good Lord, deliver us!
You are probably better off not knowing, however, since I know, I MUST share... are we not of the same borg swarm? LOL
A face thread is a very thin thread with "barbs" on it that is threaded under the skin/muscle (?) and pulled then secured in place. it has the effect of pulling the skin taut over a larger area than botox would work.
Aaarrrgghhh! Doesn't that hurt??
I don't know... I didn't have it done. :P
Yes, it is done under anesthetic.
Post a Comment
<< Home