Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Late afternoon blogging: Kathleen Ferrier

During this afternoon's class the professor played Blow the Wind Southerly a folk song made popular in the UK by Kathleen Ferrier. I couldn't find a YouTube for it, but here are the lyrics:
Blow the wind Southerly,
Southerly, Southerly,
Blow the wind
South o'er the bonnie blue sea.
Blow the wind Southerly,
Southerly, Southerly
Blow bonnie breeze,
My true lover to me.

They told me last night
There were ships in the offing
And I hurried down
To the deep rolling sea.
But my eye could not see it
Wherever might be it,
The bark that is bearing
My lover to me.
Here's Ferrier singing Handel:

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home