Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Food

Today's podcast was great fun, and Siggy shared lots of food and cooking links:
Recipes using maple syrup. Siggy recommends this soup.
Brining meats.
Brining turkeys.
All about brining.
Hamburger recipes.
Big Texan Steak Ranch where you can order steaks.
The Cattle Exchange, for steaks.
Maggie Moo's ice cream.
Strudelland.
LMNo'Pies
An excellent recipe for lamb pot pie.
Recipe for grilled salmon with strawberry ginger salsa.
Recipe for Chipotle mashed sweet potatoes.
Recipes using pears.
My own apple pie recipe.
Apple, Roast Beef and Watercress Salad with Creamy Horseradish Dressing
Strawberry recipes
Apple recipes.
Chopped liver recipe.
Cheese recipes.

Special thanks to Siggy for generously sharing all these resources and recipes.

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a fun podcast. I'll contribute a quick and easy strawberry idea. I use a high-fat Greek yogurt, sprinkle it with a little light brown sugar, and use it to dip strawberries. You actually don't eat that much yogurt, so the fat isn't a problem.

When I was young, I spent a lot of time with friends in Princeton. Eggs Benedict at the Nassau Inn was our favorite cure for mild hangovers. I'm sort of a purist about crabcakes, but then I only get them on biannual trips home. I always come home with some Old Bay for shrimp.

expat

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Obi's Sister said...

Great podcast! In Siggy's Soup recipe, what is "35% cream"? Half and half, maybe?

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

obi's sister: Here in Germany, 35% cream would be whipping cream. Half and half is about 10%. The lightly soured creme fraiche and schmand are in the 60% range. If something will be boiled, you need about 30% to avoid curdling. Please don't ask why I am so knowlegeable about creams? If this were on webcam, you could probably guess.

expat

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Obi's Sister said...

Thanks anon. I was listening to the podcast in the background at work (don't you just love the internet!), so I figured I just missed that part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home