Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Blue Skies

Ed Morrissey writes about a most happy event: his son's graduation, in Will and Circumstance
I looked at my son and wondered how he did it, and marveled at the will it took to graduate summa cum laude from one of the most well-respected universities in the nation.
That has to be one of the most wonderful, happy events in any parent's life.

Years ago when I was really really sick and my blood sugar levels were totally out of control, the one thing I prayed for was for God to let me live long enough to watch my son graduate from college.

That thought was what made me find the way to get well again, for, as Gabriel Garcia Marquez's story Miracle in Rome teaches us, children are the salvation of their parents.

It is a two-way street, after all: Yesterday I was reading Fetiche's post at Eternity Road
Motherhood is a conservative role. A devoted mother finds her fulfillment in giving life to others, and protecting their innocence as best she can, until they're ready to face the world on their own. That's conservation for you: the conservation of new life against corruption, perversion, and dissipation. Well-reared children arrive at adulthood armored against those things. They have their mothers to thank for that.
And their fathers, too.

Congratulations to the Morrissey family!

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home