Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Shoes and matching handbags

It is one of the mysteries of blogging that one can write a well thought-out, carefully worded post on a serious subject that may have serious repercussions and get 0 - 5 comments, while sometimes one writes a post on girl stuff and get dozens, maybe even hundreds of comments.

Almost two years ago I asked Should tall women wear platform shoes?, which generated twelve comments and at least a couple of dozen emails.

(Yes, I bought those shoes and still wear them. They do make your legs look very nice.)

Now the hot topic is should women carry handbags?.

As a Coach stockholder, my answer is unabashedly, yes. Please carry a handbag.

Another cosmic question, Why don't women clothes carry pockets? Women clothes don't carry pockets because pockets are place on strategic parts of the body and if a woman carries anything in her pockets
a. it makes her chest look lumpy and asymmetrical
b. it makes her hips or derriere look big, lumpy and asymmetrical.
It's not a feminist issue, it's a wanting-to-look-shapely issue.

Moving on the other cosmic questions, this morning's podcast started as an April Fool's fun podcast but we ended up talking about parenting. You must listen to it, here, and if you enjoy it, please rate it. Siggy read from a wonderful post he wrote about his daughter's birth. I'll link to it later. You can read it here.

Siggy, Little Miss Attila and Mamacita of Scheiss Weekly were wonderful and we're going to continue the conversation on the same subject next Tuesday.

Siggy, always a deep thinker, posted today another cosmic question, Why Did The Pullet Cross The Road?. Little Miss Attila asks Is the city of L.A. suffering from ADD?, while Mamacita wonders why is it next-to-impossible to find Concord grapes in a supermarket or even a farmer's market in her area

And I thank them all for today's podcast.

Digg!

Share on Facebook
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

I went to look at the shoes, they are very nice (being old enough to remember "platforms" of back in the day... I was wondering what I'd see - I like them *grin*) Tall women of the world unite! I'm 5'9" and I have all kinds of shoes - some with 3 inch heals others flat. If they are comfortable and look good - that's what counts. You know this means I have to wear my heals to the blog meet. I have a terrific pair great for wearing with slacks or jeans.

And yes, I carry a handbag. I have at least 2 Coach bags because I like them. Even with all my stuff pared down - can't imagine trying to use pockets!

I do love these questions of huge importance... they're fun.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Fausta,

I have found that posts that many people can relate to that are non-political and have more to do with activities or things that people do in ordinary life are the most popular. Also, I think the wallet column was more than about girl stuff. It was about things that men do that are competent and worthy of emulation. I think that is what hits a nerve. BTW, been there where I slave away for hours on a post that I think is on a very worthwile topic and commenters could care less. Who knows why blog readers like what they do?

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

Excellent, Teresa!
I'll be wearing red high heels.

Not sure if handbag will match or not.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

It was about things that men do that are competent and worthy of emulation.
I agree! The thing is, vain as I am, I'd rather carry a handbag than look lumpy.

Once I can figure out how to carry things in my pockets in form fitting clothes without looking lumpy, I'll be with you, Helen
:)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Pat Patterson said...

Have you no sense of the past? Why do you think girls and women of the 60's wore beehive hairdos? It certainly wasn't to attract bees but I was told, and I checked my leg length later, that it was surprising how much stuff could be hidden away after clouds of Final Net.

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a very big problem. I was also puzzled for shoesand matching handbags. Thanks to Fashion Bug for the great combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home