Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

William F. Buckley Jr. Is Dead at 82

From Maria,
William F. Buckley Jr. Is Dead at 82

Back in my childhood I always found him amusing. The old guy with the huge vocabulary, who was able to debate anyone without rasing his voice. And he always looked like an old Oscar Werner, too.
(Of couse, WFB would not approve of the run-in sentence).

Once I left my liberal ways, I recognized WFB's contribution to the American conservative movement.

NRO has an excellent tribute here.

I'm sure the Good Lord told his angels to "Bring me a dictionary, Buckley's coming."

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Obi's Sister said...

Sad, isn't it? I wrote about him earlier today. I really liked the quote I cited from The Corner - where God said, "Bring me a dictionary, Buckley's coming." He will be missed.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Obi's Sister said...

Thanks for the link!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Jeremayakovka said...

Oskar Werner, exactly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home