Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Breaking news; FRED WITHDRAWS!

Statement from Sen. Fred Thompson

McLean, VA - Senator Fred Thompson today issued the following statement about his campaign for President:

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

Jay has more. Memeorandum has a lot of links.

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Poor Fred. I'm sure there will be dozens of post-mortems on his campaign, but that's immaterial. I just want to say I would have been happy to vote for him in the general election and I think he would have made a fine president.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

I agree, Anthony!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Obi's Sister said...

Noooo! I didn't have a chance to vote for him yet!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Who Struck John said...

And the process of selecting the worst two candidates for November continues ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home