Bloggers' call with Republican House Policy Chairman Thaddeus McCotter: "Free trade for free nations"
I was invited to a bloggers' conference call with Republican House Policy Chairman Thaddeus McCotter, along with several other bloggers. TechRepublican and Simple Country Girl blogged about it.
My question to him was on free trade and Latin America: since I firmly believe the best foreign aid the USA can provide developing countries is through free trade, and in view that the agreement with Peru just passed (the one with Colombia is still in the works), where do the Republican congressmen stand?
Congressman McCotter firmly believes in free trade with free nations. He explained that we shouldn't be trading with Communist China as we do now while they're killing their people. Trade with China imperils trade with Latin America and Africa while at the same time it distorts trade in the entire world. The US should have a consistent policy: "Free trade with free nations".
A policy I can certainly agree with.
UPDATE, Saturday 15 December
Betty Inclan tells me that Congressman McCotter has a You Tube page
Share on Facebook
Labels: business, Republicans, trade










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home