Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Indoctrination education: your Delaware tax dollars in action

At the University of Delaware, you get treatment for your politically deficient attitudes:
According to the program's materials, the goal of the residence life education program is for students in the university’s residence halls to achieve certain "competencies" that the university has decreed its students must develop in order to achieve the overall educational goal of "citizenship." These competencies include: "Students will recognize that systemic oppression exists in our society," "Students will recognize the benefits of dismantling systems of oppression," and "Students will be able to utilize their knowledge of sustainability to change their daily habits and consumer mentality."
According to their criteria, Puerto Ricans like myself are racists, simply because my grandparents crossed the Atlantic and settled abroad:
"[a] racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality."
And it'll cost you $16,098 if you're a Delaware resident, $27,348 if you're from out of state. I guess that part of their "consumer mentality" should not be affected.

Indoctrinate U, for sure.
Flopping Aces has DU's University President Patrick Harker's contact information:

Office of the President
University of Delaware
104 Hullihen Hall
Newark, DE 19716-0101
(302) 831-2111 FAX: (302) 831-1297
E-mail: harker@udel.edu

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger newton said...

Yep, that makes me a racist, too, according to them - even though I am as much of a Puerto Rican mutt as you can get them.

Despicable bunch! I saw so much P.C. mentality at my own college - and that was over ten years ago. I've been so tempted to take my expensive diploma and throw it into the shredder because the memories are still raw.

Back in '94, someone from Student Services at my school put a paper board at the entrance of the cafeteria asking the question, "What is the impact of the Rodney King verdict in our community?" I didn't respond immediately, but I soon saw comments about how "evil" police officers are. I had to answer to that: "Please don't stereotype cops: my brother is one." (Yep: he's been in the NYPD since '92.)

A few hours later, I passed by the board again, only to see my comment X-ed out and the big-lettered comments, "You must be white!"

Fortunately, someone had the sense to take the board down before any more damage was done. But done, it was.

I think it's time for taxpayers, alumni and parents to vote with their money. I wouldn't throw my money in a sewer. Why should any college parent worthy of self-respect? If their child(ren) are going to get P.C. junk for an education, they should at least tell those colleges to clean up their act... or else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home