Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Bloggers of the world, unite!

Bloggers consider forming labor union
In a move that might make some people scratch their heads, a loosely formed coalition of left-leaning bloggers are trying to band together to form a labor union they hope will help them receive health insurance, conduct collective bargaining or even set professional standards.
How do you spell c-o-n-t-r-o-l?

And if I don't toe the left-leaning line, will I get thrown out of the union? Are unionized bloggers going to form picket lines in front of scab bloggers' homes? Will they make a movie where a Marlon Brando-lookalike will wail, "I could have been a contender blogger?
Madrak hopes that regardless the form, the labor movement ultimately will help bloggers pay for medical bills. It's important, she said, because some bloggers can spend hours a day tethered to computers as they update their Web sites.

"Blogging is very intense -- physically, mentally," she said. "You're constantly scanning for news. You're constantly trying to come up with information that you think will mobilize your readers. In the meantime, you're sitting at a computer and your ass is getting wider and your arm and neck and shoulder are wearing out because you're constantly using a mouse."
If you want medical insurance, talk to a lawyer, incorporate as a small business, talk to an insurance agent, and pay your own premiums, you wuss. If you're not making enough money as a blogger to do this, get a job that does.

As for your widening a**, I have a cure for that, Ms Madrak: get up and go to the gym, walk around the block a few times, and Get.A.Life.

You can thank me later.

Update We had a good laugh over this in today's pocast.

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, first I've heard this. Sounds moronic to me. Love your advice.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

And then if I don't like my own advice I can go strike against me in front of the house for an hour or two!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

This has to be one of the sillier ideas I've heard coming from the Left, and that's saying something. What am I supposed to do, file a labor relations complaint against myself? Demand arbitration? Out-source my blog to a call center in India, and then picket myself?

I'd better start developing a split personality....

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I time my bicycle machine sessions at the gym for when Glenn Beck is on the overhead TV.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging is physically intense??

Yea, after that third paragraph I can really feel the burn.

I find it hard to belive that people can be that stupid and still be allowed out of their homes without a keeper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home