Darren moves to California

While I was on vacation in North Carolina, Darren was moving from Richmond, VA to Los Angeles, CA.
It took my family and me 12 hours to drive back from Durham, NC to Princeton, NJ. We avoided the Rte 95 Richmond/Washington/Baltimore/Philadelphia corridor and went up the DelMarVa peninsula to New Jersey because of the holiday traffic, and traffic was pretty light that way
by the time we got home my back was in such a state of pain that I actually asked a man I've never met to lock me up somewhere if I ever think of driving anywhere for twelve hours.
Knowning what I know now, if I had started from Richmond to LA by car or truck, I fully expect that I would have gone missing somewhere near Lynchbugh, Tennessee.
So it is with great admiration that I recommend Darren's posts,
California, Here We Come
Bottle Up and Explode
We Got a Little Ol' Convoy
Wishing Darren, Heather, and Rufus great joy and continued success in their new home.
In other moving news, Beth has started packing.
More blogging later.










1 Comments:
Ah, those days are behind me now... had a long-distance relationship and, as I was young and poor, I did end up driving from Buffalo, NY to Denver a number of times. Plus had some work in Yellowstone for a short bit, so that was lots of driving where the horizon just never seems to find you. Also a drive to Frisco and the coast.
Now that my health is gone, those 12-14 hour solo driving days are long gone. Just two days from Buffalo to Denver and lots of no-nonsense driving. This next move I go in style for health reasons, and will charter a small aircraft to do the moving of people and pets, and let the furniture catch up later. It is a beautiful Nation, be it the lush lands of Ohio, Illinois and Kansas... or the desolate reaches of Wyoming, Montana and Nevada.
I do wish your friends well, and safe journey!
Post a Comment
<< Home