Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Bear necessities

UPDATED
Bear sings!


Maria sent me this:
Reuters's Andrew Wallenstein is shocked, SHOCKED! that Bear Grylls spent a night or two in a motel:

But this British adventurer is now the subject of an investigation by U.K.'s Channel 4, which already has confirmed that Grylls checked into motels on a few occasions when he was depicted on TV having slept under the stars.
Considering how, when I watch the program, I sit there hoping Bear would be staying in a motel, I'm actually relieved to hear it.

Andrew's outrage comes from his belief that,
"Wild" restored a sense of realism to being marooned and sold us on the fantasy that we could learn the actual skills for survival.

Perhaps the show restored Andrew's belief that he could learn the actual skills for survival. Every time I've watched that show it has restored my belief that I would have been dead by the first ad break.

I look forward to the 3rd Man Vs Wild season.

Go for it, Bear.


UPDATE
Bear sings!

Thank you to the friend (and Bear fan) who prefers to remain anonymous.

Digg!

Share on Facebook

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger SC&A said...

Survivorman- now there's the real deal.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

LOL!
And she'll shop for shoes when she gets back to civlization

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Main_Page

Bear is so fake, it isn't even funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home