Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The dreadful striped trousers

I hadn't seen this picture of Hillary

until I read Emmett Tyrrell's article, but suddenly I realized I had a similar pair of slacks in the 1970s, that era of "What was I thinking?" fashion:

Now I hate the stripes but I like those sandals.

Back to the 21st Century, Scrappleface posts on Hillary.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger kimsch said...

The pants look ever so much better on you dear, and you are sitting like a lady. Ms. Hillary, however, is not sitting like a lady and the stripes and the cut and the seams are, shall we say, unseemly.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Beth said...

While Hillary! looks like an unspeakable nightmare, YOU, dahling, look absolutely chic and gorgeous! It doesn't even look dated!

I love the sandals too!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Now I feel motivated to go dig up some big-hair 80's pictures of mine--I was just a grade-schooler in the 70's, but I distinctly remember having obnoxious clothes back then, even as a child.
I remember my mother used to used to drive us downtown from Westchester County (Scarsdale, Bronxville) to go look at the hippies in the city (and visit Daddy at work, but the highlight was the freaks). I've been laughing at hippies since I was like five years old! ;-)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Janette said...

Fausta, the photo of Hillary makes me nauseous but then that's not so much to do with the outfit as the model.

Your photo however makes me want a pair of those pants ~ I already have the shoes!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

imyltjaxThank you for your kind words, y'all!
My cousin's father-in-law, who was a professional photographer, took that picture during a party at a house in the countryside. He compulsively photographed people all the time and I wasn't even aware that he'd taken my picture until a week or so later after he developed it.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Let's just all be thankful that we aren't seeing a picture of her wearing those NOW!

But I agree with Beth, you look awesome in those and the sandals are to die for.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger annika said...

mui bonito, darling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home