Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It's book day at TBHB!

In the sprit of enlightment and capitalism, I'm featuring a book on each post. You can order the books through my Amazon Associates program.

I'm opening with Do As I Say (Not As I Do), by Peter Schweizer, who was interviewed by Kathryn Jean Lopez yesterday. Among the juicy bits, the book reveals that Michael Moore is a Haliburton stockholder. Yes, that Haliburton. Barbra Streisand's lawn watering bill is $22,000/year. And on and on. But the message of the book is serious,
the ideas the left want to impose on the rest of us are so fundamentally bad that they don't even try to live by them. At the end of the day, when all the fun is done, I hope people view this as a book about ideas and the failure of liberal/Left ideas. They don't work for the leading lights of the Left. How could they possibly work for our country?
Or for any country, at that?

3 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger JoanneMarie Faust said...

Michael Moore owning Halliburton stock is very different from Dick Cheney's Halliburton holdings. Not everyone who owns the stock is complicit in the cronyism and graft that go along with the government handing out contracts to the company.

I don't think it's really a left/right matter. There are wonderful, honest, hard working and caring people on both sides. This sounds like more irresponsible pandering to me, just to make a buck on the ignorance and paranoia of the masses.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

I'd give MMoore a pass on Haliburton if he hadn't hammered on & on on the evil of Haliburton.

I just visited your blog, Piksea, and love your reviews! Will have to visit often.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger SC&A said...

The Peter Singer reference was ironic.

Now, I must address cronyism matter. Cheney/Halliburton ties have long been severed.

Why does no one talk about JFK making RFK the Attorney General, 'so that he can get experience.'

How about the cronyism- and nepotism- of Bill Clinton appointing Hillary to chair the health care study commission?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home