Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"I've been patronized by smarter people than you, and it didn't work for them, either"
is what ran through my mind while reading this article on books about snobs. One of the books, "Snobs", was written by a guy that plays the lord in a BBC soap I've never watched, and he also wrote "Gosford Park". I wonder if he knows Clive Owen.

Another book mentioned in the article, "French Women Don't Get Fat", got a rise from Jessica Seigel. Ms Seigel, whose article was on the op-ed page, and who in her earlier life was an excahnge student in France, knows the reason why "French Women Don't Get Fat": because they smoke like fiends.

None of the reads are appealing. I'm more of a Trollope and Glasworthy type. Does that make me a snob?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home