Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Having a good time at the DMV
Yesterday afternoon I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew my driver's license. I was well prepared, taking with me all the necessary documents for the new "Six Point ID Verification System", and also my freshly-arrived new issue of RealSimple magazine to read while waiting.

Here's the shocking news: There was no wait!

I spent all of 20 minutes there. RealSimple wasn't even opened. The photo on the jazzy-looking digital driver's license was nice, too. Nothing like the time I spent an afternoon in Morristown, in soaking-wet clothes (a downpour started as soon as I left my car in the parking lotand I got drenched), and they took my photo while water still dripped down my hair.

I'm impressed.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience in Houston, Texas a few years ago. It took only around ten minutes to apply for my new license. Some twenty years earlier I spent about an hour. Better computers make all the difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home