Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Monday, October 18, 2004

No poncho for me, thanks
Prone as I am to shamelessly lying about my age, the latest fashion trend brings back memories of The Man With No Name, and other unsightly fashions of the 1970s, the "What Was I Thinking?" Age of Fashion. Today I read that Slate shares my dislike of blankets covering up otherwise good clothing.

The Slate article goes on to talk about, ""capelets" by Jill Stuart, Behnaz Sarafpour, and Ellen Christine Millinery, suggesting that these minicapes will inherit the mantle. They may make you look like a superhero, but in my opinion, that's far preferable to resembling a fort". No thank you. I'll pass on that trend, too. As much as I like the novels of Anthony Trollope, there's no reason for me to try to look like Lady Glencora, even if she did have the final word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home