Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fashion report on The University's professors, updated
In case you wonder how the faculty look at The University:
I've been auditing courses at The University for the past few years. I'm pleased to report that none of the professors in the classes I've audited have digressed into political indoctrination. To the contrary, all of them, and I mean all of them, show great enthusiam and knowledge of their subject matter and so far haven't relied on politics to carry them through the 50-minute lectures I attend.

I'm also happy to report, that, unlike this woman's professors, The University profs are clean, well-groomed and nicely dressed. Professor Craig -- as befits Modern Fiction -- wore a casual but well groomed black outfit, architect (Ms) Ponte wore nice women's clothes, the engineering men wore well-pressed kahkis and dress shirts, and both medievalist men, Smith and Fleming, wear suits with dress shirts and ties. Uniformly, all wear nice and comfortable-looking shoes (not surprisingly, since they're on their feet most of the day).

For which I'm grateful. Wouldn't want to be distracted by thoughts of ambush makeovers.
Update: 'Tis a warm day, so Fleming wore polo shirt and chinos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home