Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Monday, May 17, 2004

Literature, fer sure!
I just found What The SAT People Say Your Kids Should Read... at Cake Eater Chronicles. Except for seven titles, I've read all on the list, but at the time I took the SATs I'd only read a dozen or so. Not to brag but I had really really good SAT scores, and even back then I could spell Jane Austen. Hmm. So much for College Board recommendations.

The Bloomsday centennial's coming up next month, which inspired me for yet another limerick,
There once was a writer named Joyce,
whose Ulysses was big as a Royce.
He fannagled with words
and is loved by the nerds,
who on June 16 will rejoice.

Now, if I ever write a book, I'll have at least one chapter of headlines. (Hitchens wrote a nice article on the centennial, which you can find in the June -- Brad Pitt -- issue of Vanity Fair).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home