Fausta's blog

Faustam fortuna adiuvat
The official blog of Fausta's Blog Talk Radio show.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday blogging: Sporks and the Carnival:

Almost exactly seventeen years ago I was at an antiques show with a friend while our husbands were watching a football game on TV, when I came across a beautiful sterling silver spork made by Elizabeth Eaton in London in 1846. Up to then I'd never even heard of sporks, but I immediately bought it, and have looked for other silver sporks but haven't been able to find one since.

I predict that's about to change: I'm sure that many silver spoons will be altered to look like sporks and sold on ebay in the next few years. Why?

Sporks are coming back

Who knew?

For other curiosities, don't miss today's carnival:


Update:
Sporkapallooza!

Perfect for brunch: poached egg and sausage, served over grits cooked in whole milk.
Mmmmm.

(technorati tags , , , )

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger ptg said...

While I have always been a fan of the runcible spoon, the two-headed variety leaves me with gravy on my hand. Switch ends quickly, indeed.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Fausta said...

I was wondering about that when I saw the photo. Looks messy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home